There’s absolutely no doubt 4g phones are the best smartphones on the market today. 4g phones are fast, they’re innovative and they’re cool.
The only thing that’s not cool about your 4g phone is it’s short battery life. One would think that with all of the advancements by way of 4g technology there would be a better battery life for these fast moving 4g phones, but there simply isn’t.
4g phones like Motorola’s Droid Razr operates on Verizon’s 4g LTE network and it uses a lot of battery life to process the everyday functions you need but unlike most 4g phones this smartphone does not have a removable battery.
Luckily there are a few steps you can use to extend your battery life to your 4g phone and we’ve listed a few below.
- Turn the 4G LTE off. That’s right, if you want to get more battery life out of your 4g smartphone go into your phone settings and toggle the LTE to off when you’re not using it. Most 4G phones offer an option to turn off your LTE to prevent your battery from draining so quickly. We also understand shutting the LTE off defeats the purpose of having a 4g phone, but if you want to extend the time between you next phone charge shut the LTE down when you’re not browsing the web or downloading apps.
- Stop Apps from Auto-Updating. If you pay close attention to your phone throughout the day, you’d be surprised by how many software updates are sent to your 4g phone. Auto-update is not your friend. It’s you and your smartphone battery’s worst enemy. The more apps you have set to auto update, the less battery life you will have on your 4g phone.
- Check your email frequency. Most people will quickly say with the popularity of social media has killed off email. However email is not dead enough yet to keep your phone from dying. Make certain your email isn’t set to check for new emails every 5 minutes. Every 30 minutes or manually refreshing your device for new emails will work wonders for extending your battery life.
- Dim your smartphone screen. The dimmer your phone screen the longer your battery will last. Pretty simple.
- Dump battery-hogging apps. Have you ever seen a full battery indicator on your 4g phone and quickly noticed how empty the indicator got after going into some of your favorite smartphone apps. Some apps and games kill battery life, plain and simple. Dump the smartphone apps you notice killing your battery asap and get rid of apps you hardly use.
- Never leave wi-fi set to on. Since most wireless providers have dumped their unlimited data plans, these companies are quick to tell you that you can save GB or MB usage by searching the web on wi-fi while you’re home. Hmmmm, I thought that was what your home PC was for. Leaving your wi-fi on will drain your battery just as fast as your Bluetooth.
- Leave your Bluetooth off when you’re not using it. Ah, speaking of your favorite Bluetooth headset. Bluetooth has been out on the market long enough for every cellphone user to know, while convenient, Bluetooth will kill your phone battery life like it’s Jason Voorhees. Bluetooth is another option just like wifi you should have turned off while not using it.
While these steps will help you extend your 4g phone’s battery life longer it is still recommended to purchase an extra battery, an extended battery or a charger for your 4g smartphone.